Thursday 8 September 2011

The Bitter truth of Life

As soon as my 13hrs bus journey was nearing, I was dreading the moment I was about to face. Even though Bhaiya had called in the early morning that Uncle has been declared dead, it didn't hit me till I saw him with my own eyes. And then it hit me, I was seeing the Man who taught me how to read, told me countless stories, took me to the zoo, enjoyed every little childish things which me and brothers did and he is no more...

My eyes got watery, tears started to come. Aunty looked at me and said "Abhu Arun Kaka Gele!" I saw his face and could see him similing. Atleast he died with smile on his face. Just before they took him to his last rites. I was trying to hold-on to the moment, unsuccessfully stopping it to gather as much as I could..

As we become adult we lose all these memories, almost taking it for granted that our beloved uncle would be there in this world always but on that day I learned the bitter truth of life. Nothing stays forever in this world....

R.I.P Arun Kaka!! Will Miss you Forever :(

2 comments:

  1. may his soul rest in peace!!
    well last mth my kaka too passed away and coincidentally his name too was Arun....
    it is actually a shock as he ws just 65....
    tc

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Uncle was 67. Sorry to hear about your uncle, I am sure both Arun's are bonding in Heaven..

    ReplyDelete